Now playing .. "Life" ..

Extracts from my stay at earth so far... Copyright Prashant batra

My Photo
Name:
Location: Do buy!, Peaceful, United Arab Emirates

Monday, February 28, 2005

My brother is now a married man.

3rd Feb 2005
A somewhat normal day for the rest of the world was special for my entire family.
My elder brother was getting married today. There hadn't been an event for all of us as grand as this one.

If you happen to be facing a Indian Punjabi Wedding in your neighborhood you better get ear buds and lots of them cause you would find days at a stretch people playing songs, drums and music. There are relatives you haven't met in ages hugging you, the little and cute brothers of mine had ordered a fresh stock of cream, for everyone meeting them had interest to pull their chubby cheeks.. " Look how cute you have become ".. I am sure if the little ones had a chance they would pull the cheeks back making the elders know its not that cute when they do it. Also what’s with the funny noises they make in front of a baby. I always wondered why we make the funny faces to babies. They laugh all right but i think at us thinking, " hey that’s the most ridiculous looking thing I have seen since Donald duck! " and he is referring to you Mr. funny face.

The wedding was slightly different at our setup. We were mellowed down to restrict ourselves to lesser decibels of sound. A few unfriendly neighbors had complained about their discomfort on our over enthusiasm on the event. My brother is Six feet tall and after all of us were done pulling his leg around he would have gained a few inches for sure.

I was filling up my memory bag with fresh memories of his wedding though I couldn't help as a few of my old memories popped out of the amazing times we had shared as brothers. The times where we fought till we cried, pillow fights till we got slapped on either side by mom, studying together with comic books inside the english text book. Days when we went school together racing in our bicycles. Wish I could relive those days again when rain meant paper boats and every morning meant yet another race to the school.
I today live in a seperate city and I still wake up at times thinking I would find him right there sleeping on the bed opposite the window.

Growing up with you was fun dude. I would cherish the memories all my life.
Take care of yourself
!!

Memories we make as we move along, good or bad I am filling my bag and so is everyone else.

Cheers to Life.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dude's Bro:D

Nice write up. after the reading the whole write up i have one question....How was the marriage wat happened and nething abt ur new Bhabi

2:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Prash,

I really missed the ocassion. Infact I tried to rech you thrice on the day but you did not answer. Probably you were busy. You got sentimental and emotional in the end. Cheer up man (that suits you). Life is like that. My only advise is that whatever the condition, work pressure always make a habit to stay in touch with your loved ones. We in the process of making a living, forget to live. Hope that doesn't happen to you as it has happened with me. Cheers and good luck.

2:59 AM  
Blogger PrashantBatra said...

To anonymous >>
Dude .. The marriage was Fun-tastic, had a nice time exchanging some beautiful glances with some of the chicks present at the function.. my would be will be reading this so I cant put more details here :D.. Bhabhi is as sweet as someone can be, infact they visited me here at bangalore and I had 2 days with them .. was difficult to see them off! senti stuff doesn't suit me so i will stop here!

3:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Prashant,

Nice stuff man!!! Now I am looking forward to your comments on your own impending marriage!!! And next time you buy that cake from Sweet Chariot, it better be shared with me!!!!

7:37 PM  
Blogger Mike Todd said...

Prashant,

Congratulations! That's good stuff. Glad you stopped by on my blog and commented.

Mike

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home