Now playing .. "Life" ..

Extracts from my stay at earth so far... Copyright Prashant batra

My Photo
Name:
Location: Do buy!, Peaceful, United Arab Emirates

Sunday, May 25, 2008

And what a day it was :)

As I start office on a Sunday in Dubai 2 days after my birthday. About 180 odd emails wishing me a happy birthday and awaiting my response. I thought of ways by which I could answer everyone in detail and that brings me to blogger. Thanks everyone, I am very happy & feel heavily blessedJ, yes thanks to the gifts, I feel rich again :).

Presenting to you... The birthday FAQs...
I give you answers to questions you have asked me, will ask me or never wanted to ask me on my birthday.


Q1) Happy Birthday dear, what plans for the day eh!
Thanks so much for your wishes. I & Somya (my sweet, beautiful, lovely & adorable wife) planned to spend the day out of the house. So here's what we did.
-Cake cutting in candle light @ 00.00hrs.
-Movie & Lunch with a famous movie star and a good friend (Mr Mathews – I think he played Neo in Matrix ;) or was it Mr Anderson?).
-The star to the Christmas tree was the Dinner which was at romantic cruise on the Dubai Creek.
It truly was a Wow. (Pictures available on demand @ pay per viewJ)


Q2) Hmmm… So…. How old am I now…?
You ask this every year, seriously how did you pass your math tests? I was born in 1980, so that makes me 18 right! No, I am not sending you my passport copy for validation and if you think I am lying, keep guessing ;).

Q3) And what else, whats up these days?
I am in Wipro Dubai finishing my summers, the last 8 months and next 6 months will be spent in Manila doing my MBA @ AIM (http://www.wsgsb.aim.edu.ph/). I decided to take a 16 month vacation in Manila and the only place I was getting would allow me to stay if I pretend to be a serious person who spent some time each day in air conditioned classrooms. The MBA ends in Dec this year (hopefully) and I will be one more entrant to the club of overqualified, underpaid yuppies.

Q4) What gifts did I receive?
I am assuming you are looking for benchmark data here to see what you should send. Cash is readily accepted. You can also send gold biscuits if you are too materialistic. If you are my banker, thanks I will forget the loans.

Q5) Wondering If I remember your birthday?
I have put a part of my brain on the internet and connected it to a website. Trust me I would love to be part of your special day, Please click on this and fill your birth date this is a personal reminder and its perfectly safe to put it here (if you haven’t done it yet). http://www.birthdayalarm.com/dob/5373697a2568310b363


If you forgot to wish me, dude I am hoping you will send me a bigger gift to compensate ;). It was a great day and we celebrated life yet again. To me each day is special(taken from a flop movie), be it Sunday or Tuesday (Monday could debated on). I am happy to have friends that surround me on my special day. Btw I remember your birthday and am the first one to wish you. Here are my wishes for the yr 2008-09 in advance.

Cheers!!
Catbert

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Ruchi said...

very well written........:)))...left a big smile on our face...........(anky and mine)

3:44 AM  
Blogger Shijo said...

:))

4:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A perfect Prashant's style :)

5:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy birthday! :D

5:49 AM  
Blogger Varada said...

may you have lots more such birtdays :) God Bless You

6:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Dude, wish you a belated happy birthday. Give me your address so that I send the "big" present;). Really delighted that you started to blog again. Don't stop!! Catcha later.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Mal's Haven said...

Hmm...thy ability to render "mu-ah" speechless astounds me...!!
Had wished you on time...:) so me excuzezzzz myself and my better half from da gift thingy!!
Ps - sad "jokes" apart loved ur "scribblings"! Keep sharing!
Luv
Mal

9:52 AM  
Blogger Mermaid11 said...

Prashant awesome literary piece...needs to be nominated for the Pulitzers!

9:36 PM  
Blogger arun poply said...

mast hein bhaiya...

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life (not live) updates from THE Prashant Batra... I am pleased to see you having a good time... Wish you get everything you desire and deserve for... :)

...and please for God's sake keep in touch now...

10:40 PM  
Blogger Kartik Arora said...

dis mustta taken u a life long to write...ehh?? it shows all genres of prashant batra... d guy who was in school, d dude frm coll, d trainee at wipro, d manager at wipro and most imp d husband Mr.PRASHANT BATRA... cya cheer tk care njoy

11:02 PM  
Blogger PrashantBatra said...

Thanks everyone for your comments, I posted this as a reminder to those who forgot to wish me... I was basically looking for more gifts ..thats all! ;)

Cheers!

11:17 PM  
Blogger ~ ॐ ~ said...

arre par budday kab tha?

3:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home